Yay it's Tuesday and today marks the beginning of a new challenge over at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps and I get to play along again as a guest DT! How cool is that?
For this challenge, we would like to see you use lace on your projects. That could be a pretty lace ribbon, a lovely lace flower, a lace panel, a lacy patterned paper, a lacy doily, a lacy edge punch, a lacy die cut......whatever strikes your fancy as long as it is lacy!
I recently saw a tutorial posted online over at Really Reasonable Ribbon about making rosettes from lace ribbon. As luck would have it, I have oodles of self-adhesive lace ribbon in my stash from a deal I picked up on Pick Your Plum some months ago (saved me one of the steps in the tutorial!). So, I decided to try my hand at making my little lace flower for this card.
If you look carefully you will see that the panel behind the Celebrating Chloe image has a scattering of lace doilies as well!
Be sure to check out the rest of the inspiration projects from the design team back at the Sparkle Creations blog. Then, get crafty and link up your project using a Sparkle Creations image before the challenge deadline to be eligible to win some new Sparkle Creations rubber for your collection!
And don't forget, Sparkle has a fantastic sale on right now so be sure to place your order before it ends!
- finished size: 5 x 6.5 inches, white card stock base, CTMH Cocoa card stock for mats
- patterned paper: My Mind's Eye - Follow Your Heart "Be Happy"
- stamped image: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps "Celebrating Chloe", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E21, E23, E25, E27, E81, R00, R22, R21, R20, R27, BG10, BG11, BG13)
- sentiment: Verve "Borderline"
- lace ribbon, twine and button from my stash
- Splitcoaststampers Lovefest2013B: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Sketch Challenge
- Sentimental Sundays #143: Flowers, Flowers and more Flowers
- One Stop Craft Challenge #217: For the Kids (that's what I love about the SCRS stamps - great for kids! This one is being ear-marked for an up)
- The Pink Elephant #188: Anything Goes
- 365 Cards Day 56 - Hats Off
- Craft Your Passion #151: Banners