one of my co-workers had a birthday this week so I took the opportunity to make a card with one of the new stamps I recently acquired from Stampotique thanks to a wonderful Christmas present from my crafty pal Tanya.
Inside the card I took the opportunity to joke about the fact that now that he has reached the magical age of 35 he might have trouble "holding things together". The rest of us in my group at work are older than him and are all well experienced with things falling apart after we hit 35.
- finished size: 5x5 inches, white card stock base, black and olive card stock for mats/layers/accents
- patterned paper: Pink Paislee "Hocus Pocus" (yes, I know that's a hallowe'en paper collection but these particular papers worked well with the image and the colours I wanted to use)
- image: Stampotique "Hug Monster" by Kira Nichols, coloured with Copic Markers (V01, V04, V05, V06, V09, YR16, YR18, YG13, YG23, YG21). My first attempt at using the pointilism technique that was demonstrated on the MFT blog in this post.
- sentiment: Verve "Small Phrases"
- Spellbinders: petite ovals
- EK Success Edge Punch
- CTMH Olive button from my stash. Black and orange buttons also from my stash.
- layout: The Pink Elephant Challenge 187 sketch
- SplitcoastStampers LoveFest #1: L (layers) O (ovals + olive) V (violet + verve) E (EK success edge punch)
- Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
- Here Come the Boys #46: Lots of Layers
- Papertake Weekly Challenge: Buttons/
Thanks for stopping by!